- Visitors to our website
- People who use our services, including garden members, garden group members and group tours
- Visitors who kindly give us their details in order for gift-aid to be collected
- Staff, volunteers and contractors
- Debtors and creditors
- People who fill out a visitor satisfaction survey
- People whose details are included in our accident book
The kind of information we collect may include name and job title, contact information including address, telephone number and email address and information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. The information we gather may be used in several ways, depending on the original basis of collection.
Data protection says that we are allowed to use and share data only when we have a lawful basis for doing so, and that we must have one of these reasons:
(a) Consent the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
(b) Contract the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract
(c) Legal Obligation the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
(d) Vital interests the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
(e) Public task the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
(f) Legitimate interests the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- Here is a list of the reasons we use your personal information and the lawful basis required for doing so:
Garden members/garden group/group tours-Consent, contract, legitimate interests
- Direct-debits-Contract, consent
- Gift-aid-Contract, consent
- weddings-Contract, legitimate interests, consent
- Debtors/creditors-Contract, consent, legal obligation, legitimate interests
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed;
- The right to access;
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
At Cowden Garden we endeavour to ensure that the above rights are adhered to and that all individuals who have given us their personal information are aware of these rights. We only use your data for the purpose with which it was given and we do not pass any information on to a third party without your consent.
We use Google Analytics to collect data about traffic to the Cowden Garden website. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytic tracking please visit and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We retain data for as long as it is needed for a specific purpose otherwise it is deleted from our systems after three years.
In accordance with the GDPR guidelines above, individuals can contact Cowden Garden at any time to have their information removed or to ask for more clarification about what information we hold and why.
If you would like to be removed then please contact email@example.com.
The term ‘Cowden Garden’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.