Information, shop and plant sales are located in the wooden cabin in the car park.
Refreshments are available from the large green cabin. There is also a limited selection of cold drinks and snacks available at the Information cabin.
We would be grateful if you would refrain from picnicking in the Japanese Garden.
Picnic benches are located in the following areas: Takeaway area x 3, Meadow Area x 4 (3 under canvas), Woodland Walk x 2, Lime Tree Avenue x 2.
All have hand sanitiser stations located in the area.
Gents: located in cabin nearest the car park
Ladies/Disabled: located in smaller cabin nearest the large green cabin.
Both will be cleaned on an hourly basis and all have hand sanitiser, located at the door, which needs to be used on entry and exit.
Health and Safety
A number of measures have been put in place for your health and safety and to allow you to enjoy Cowden Garden’s calm and peacefully surroundings:
- Hand sanitiser stations are located throughout the garden for visitor and staff use.
- Our staff are following a strict hygiene procedure and wear face masks when required to work closely with our visitors. Our staff are working very hard to ensure your safety and enjoyment in these usual times so please treat them with respect.
- There are first aid facilities in the garden should you need them and our First Aid trained staff have been supplied with the appropriate PPE equipment and guidelines.
- There is currently a one system in place in the garden to allow visitors to adhere to social distancing guidelines, please follow all directional and no entry signage. There are a number of signs in the garden that mention garden stickers and gate codes please disregard as these are not in use at present.
- There are a number of paths where a one way system is not possible, on these paths please observe social distancing. If the person in front has stopped to enjoy the view please walk on the grass to pass them.
The Charity would like to take this opportunity to extend its greatest thanks for your visit today and support in the renovation of the garden. It would also like to thank you for your patience and understanding whilst it makes the necessary changes around the garden. If you feel that any our measure require reviewing or any additional measures considered that would have made your visit more enjoyable please either speak to a senior member of staff or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.